Follow by Email

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bingo Ball Plant Holder

So I'm at this rummage sale one day . . . . . when I spot something brass sitting on one of the tables. It was round. It was brass. I investigated....

It was a brass bingo thingie - the thing used to jumble the bingo tiles pieces for the person calling the numbers in a bingo game! The price was right - they only wanted a dollar for it - but I have a policy: I don't buy anything at a yard sale for which I don't have a specific plan. 

So I circled this thing, then I decided I would check out the rest of the rummage sale and if the bingo ball was still sitting there when I got back, I would buy it. And, oh, by then I did have a plan: Use it as a planter....

I bought the thing - of course I did - and then I found an old rubber ball at another yard sale; I turned the ball inside out so the black inside color showed. I scrunched the rubber ball into the bingo ball and added dirt and a plant.

Voila! 
I eventually hung the bingo ball from the trim of a bookcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment